BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

lunes, 4 de octubre de 2010

JANE AUSTEN'S EMMA



Currently, I'm reading Jean Austen's Emma and I am really enjoying it.

I have been trying to look for curious drawings and illustrations linked to this novel and I have foung quite interesting ones.
These are cravat styles that would wear men from Emma's time.

This is a hypothetical map of Highbury according to Emma.
In this scene Mr Elton, the vicar of Highbury is enjoying a drawing of Harriet made by Emma.



Mr Woodhouse. "I am very sorry to hear, Miss Fairfax, of your being out this morning in the rain" chapter 34



Old illustration, 1870s
Most of Jane Austen old illustrations were created by Charles Edmund Brock. During the 1890s he became a successful illustrator of books authors such as Jonathan Swift, William Thackeray, Jane Austen and George Eliot.

Here we have more illustrations by C.E.Brock.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario